Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cause you gotta have friends...


I just can't express how incredibly grateful I am for my friends... I am surrounded by many true friends whom I love! At any moment in my life it's Krispy Kreme runs, late night talks, IHOP breakfasts, random shopping, fixing dinner, discussing God in the car, Barnes and Nobles to 'study', lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays, marshmallow shooting, car riding, dancing, poker playing, movie watching, singing to the top of our lungs fun! And I wouldn't trade any one of my friends for any of it...

See, I am one of those people who believes that God brings people into your life. And if I started to make a list of all the people that I think He brought into my life for a specific purpose, the list would never end. Tonight I am particularly thankful for those friends that have been there for me a lot recently... and in the harder times. You guys, have really pulled me through and I hope that someday I'm able to do the same for you. I just think that my generation, especially, takes people for granted and is so selfish. We don't take time to really invest in our relationships and make them count. All too often it is a matter of convenience... Forget convenience! I want a friend who will drive from Tennessee or Tuscaloosa to visit and I want to be that friend that does the same.... I want to be that friend that calls just to check on your day or brings you a doughnut when you're down. It's not because I get anything out of it really... It's an exchange. Friendships are made to be a support for two people, not one. And I thank God often for all the support beams he's put in my life. Thanks guys! I love you!