Saturday, January 5, 2008

Procrastination is not always a bad thing.

So, I'm supposed to be cleaning my house right now, but I decided to take the 8th break of the night to write a little. Today was a great day. It was pretty laid back. My Jr. High girls basketball team played their first game today. They were a little sloppy, but they played hard the whole time and I see a lot of potential. I love coaching.

Heather and I hung out pretty much all day today. This evening we watched the movie with Johnny Depp, "Finding Neverland". It was a really good movie. I love stuff like that. The whole fantasy stuff gets me everytime. "Lord of the Ring", "Narnia", "The Giver", and whatever else. I just love that stuff. I think it is because I like to use my imagination so much.

When I was a little girl, my granddad used to tell me all kinds of stories about "Little People" that lived in the house and only came out at night. He would talk about people who had super powers and far away lands. It sounds really silly now to an adult, these make believe lands that have nothing to do with everyday life. I'm curious why we lose that sense of wonder. As a child it is so easy to pick up a wooden spoon and a lid to a pot and pretend to be a valiant knight on the way to save the princess. As we age it becomes a hassel to even play along with the children who play like that. I hope I never lose that sense of wonder.

I know that was a very random spill, but I am pretty random. I also have a very messy house right now that is in the process of being organized. I just keep stopping. I think that this stop was a productive one. I got to add a picture to the blog and create somewhat of a profile. Ha! I am pretty much just procrastinating right now.

Last thing, school starts back Monday. This semester should be interesting. I am working 36 hours a week and taking 15 hours of classes. Most of my classes are evening classes. I hope that works out. We will see. I'm ready to get back into a routine. I'm not ready to be at the school at 8am every morning. : /

~em

No comments: