Monday, January 7, 2008

Shhh...listen.

Last night I had the option to go to church or skip and go hang out with some friends. I chose to go to church. Not always typical for me since it was Sunday night church. Well, Suzanne spoke last night about listening to God when He tells you to do something. The service was amazing. The cool thing was, I got to see exactly what she was talking about at work.

I'm not going to go into specific detail about the story right now, because I don't feel that it is time to tell a lot of people (not that a lot of people really read this). Pastor Cox had an altar call and I felt that I needed to go down when he called a specific group of people. I was the altar praying and someone came up behind me and asked if they could pray with me. She said that God had told her to come pray with me and she didn't know why. She told me that He had something great in store for me and a few other things.

After the service was over and all of us were just standing around and hanging out, trying to figure out what to go do. Another lady, whom I knew, came up to me with tears in her eyes. She had come from across the church. She said that God kept telling her to come talk to me, but she wasn't sure about coming up to me since the service was over and all. She continued to tell me pretty much the exact same thing the girl before me told me. It was pretty amazing. When I told her that I had heard the same exact thing earlier in the evening from someone else, she was reassured.

You know, it's times like that when I sit back and don't understand how people can say that there is no God, or that he doesn't speak to us. Last night's service was pretty awesome. I came away from it with more than just a lesson and so did 2 other people who listened to what God had to say to them. SO, if you are somewhere and God tells you to talk to someone today. Do it. Don't hesitate. They might just need it as much as I did. : )

~em

No comments: