Thursday, July 31, 2008

God's Post-It Note: "I'm in control. Love Always, God"


Sunday and yesterday I was reminded, yet again, that God's timing is perfect timing. I'm going to share the stories of these two little "post-it note reminders" God placed in my life to let me know He is in control. Sunday I was running late for choir and I couldn't get the top part of the dress I was wearing zipped. In a hurry, I rushed out of the door and decided I'd just let someone at church finish zipping it and wear my jacket over it until then. Well, an old lady and old man were sitting outside chatting with there dogs and she stopped me to let me know that my dress needed to be zipped up the rest of the way. Needless to say, I ended up with an opportunity to invite them to our church. The old man was very interested, but also concerned that he didn't have any nice clothes to wear. I promised him that it was alright to come as you are, just as long as you come. In this case, me being late, was right on time!

Then yesterday, I stopped by a vet's office to pick up an application for a job. I have been looking for another job for over a month now and can't seem to get a call back from any of the applications I've placed. I filled one out and left it and was going to go to one more vet's office before I headed back home. The entire way to the second office, I prayed that I would get an interview or at least a call back because I was sick of not hearing anything. I stopped by and filled out an application, the lady and I started talking and I ended up getting an interview and hired on the spot. It was kinda crazy considering the fact that I was wearing Nike shorts, a t-shirt, flip-flops, and a baseball cap! So, my last day at this job is August 8th and my first day at that one is the 18th...

Through these two very different instances, I was shown that God is ultimately in control. And for that I am grateful. Oh, so grateful!

No comments: